Ships are the main focus of the game. Players can build and customize their ships to match their play style and the kinds of contracts they want to take on.
The Praxis is one of the default ships, and is noted as a science vessel in the developer videos.
This ship comes with some essential boxed equipment. All other equipment is bought from traders
The boxed equipment is:
In addition to this, the praxis has some resources:
At any given shipyard there are templates available for purchase. The selection is randomized, but one might find:
Steam Workshop ship hulls will be automatically added as shipyard templates if they meet the following criteria:
- $1M maximum value
- At least 1 docking port
- Less than 5 pieces of equipment, not including docking ports and doors
- There must not be any pipes, cables, resources, or crew.
To share a ship:
- Press Esc to enter the main menu and click Export Ship.
- Give the ship a name.
- Open File Explorer, enter
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Introversion\LastStarship\shipsinto the address bar and press Enter.
- Copy the ship's
.shipfile and share it in your preferred way.
To import a shared ship:
- Save the
.shipfile you received to the
- Run the game and click Ship Editor in the main menu.
- Select the file you saved in step 1 and click Load Ship.